Archive for year: 2018
Issues finding your documents? Keep calm – the 9th June is International Archives Day!
International Archives Day aims to raise awareness amongst organisations regarding the importance of archiving media, classifying different types of documents, and managing retention periods.
This day is also an opportunity to thank all the people who are committed to easing our research and information exchanges like Mister Archive and Miss Digital.
What does “archives” mean?
Archives/records include information of different types, age or support that are produced by organisations as part of their activity. Archives must be maintained by organisations but also by people as evidence and trace in case of control or dispute. They may also contribute to the future decisions of an entity through data analytics. Therefore, proper preservation of records is required.
Labgroup can help organisations with the implementation of an archiving policy that will lead to creating retention rules; to better manage information lifecycle but also to protecting personal data.
You don’t know how to implement an archiving policy?
Don’t worry, Labgroup assists organisations in the development of an adapted archiving policy by providing advisory services. As being members of the Labgroup team, Mister Archive and Miss Digital are willing to help your organisation thanks to their magical expertise and deep experience in the field of document and data management.
With the help of Mister Archive, your organisation will achieve to create and implement an archiving policy, while new content and records management tools will optimise and centralise information management, thanks to Miss Digital.
Labgroup offers, according to the needs of its customers, archival consulting services that result in various missions regarding:
- Training -> implement user awareness and change management
- Organisation and governance -> organise the searching and display of procedures
- Document workflow management -> manage the access and authenticity -> optimise the information’s circulation
- Hybrid records management, paper and electronic -> secure archiving, management and destruction processes
- Indexation and archival description -> describe archives and funds according to archival standards
- Valorisation and preservation -> assure long-term preservation both paper and electronic -> ensure the transparency and confidentiality
Labgroup has the power to simplify and strengthen information governance thanks to the Arcateg™ Records Categorisation Method that accelerates information management rules development and their implementation.
Organisations can take advantage of the Arcateg™ methodology according to several specific objectives such as quality and completeness of the retention rules, mapping of personal data, and/or compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in force from May 25th, 2018).
Need help with your documents/data management? Contact us now and benefit from a special consultancy offer to celebrate this special day
1 day/consultant to implement an existing assessment report!
Send an e-mail to email@example.com to schedule your appointment
Lab Gibraltar is proud to support the “Sierra Leone Marathon”.
We were proud to contribute again to this year’s Sierra Leone Marathon in Makeny by supporting Phil Langley, Associate Director, Ibex Insurance Services, (www.everydayhero.co.uk/phil-langley) who raises money for a good cause called “Street Child”!
The Sierra Leone Marathon is the unique international marathon during which runners are united with one common goal: support the projects of the UK charity “Street Child”. The “Everydayheroes”, like Phil Langley, had the opportunity to visit, meet and draw inspiration from the very children and families they have been fundraising for – some of the most vulnerable children in the world.
“Street Child” believes that every child has a right to a safe home and an education. The organisation works in some of the poorest areas in the world and tries to give a chance to every child -a chance to go to school and learn – to offer them a better future. Since 2008, they have already helped over 100,000 children to go to school and enabled thousands of families to generate sustainable incomes so that their children can stay in education.
Lab Gibraltar sponsored a price for a raffle, organised by Phil Langley and with the support of Ibex Insurance, offering two weekend passes for the Gibraltar Music Festival.
“In 2014 the Ebola virus epidemic threw Sierra Leone into crisis again. Thousands of children were orphaned and families torn apart. Street Child led the Ebola orphan response, helping over 12,000 children impacted by the epidemic and we continue to support children who are still struggling.”
Further information about this project on www.street-child.co.uk.
Missed #WorldBackupDay on March, 31st? Don’t worry! Labgroup provides you every day all year with data protection services your company may need!
Why is everyone concerned about “backup” and “data protection”?
Because data are a valuable asset that must be protected to ensure the long-lasting success of the company. As a matter of fact, should an incident or a disaster occur, the loss of information may result in declining reputation, service interruption, a decrease in earnings or even failure. It is, therefore, crucial to safeguard the business continuity, developing and maintaining the ability to recover from an IT disaster.
This is the intent of the World Backup Day: remind us how essential it is to protect our data, keeping at least one copy of our computer files backed up in a device other than your internal storage to avoid a possible files loss.
Being a specialist for preservation of information, Labgroup provides, of course, data protection solutions to help your company to:
– Back up your data regularly, automatically, remotely and safely.
– Restore yourself individual files, databases and emails!
– Recover the system files, the applications and the data in disaster recovery scenario.
– Continue business operations using the Internet to access your servers that have been recovered in the Labgroup private cloud.
More information about our services: https://www.labgroup.com/data-protection/
Discover Labgroup’s latest video – Secure Document Destruction Services
Discover all our destruction services here.
Happy Chinese New Year 2018! Best wishes from all of us at Labgroup!
Today is the Global Information Governance Day!
#GIGD occurs on the third Thursday in February and was established to raise awareness on information governance.
WHAT IS INFORMATION GOVERNANCE (IG)?
IG includes activities and technologies that organisations employ to maximise the value of their information while minimising associated risks and costs.
IG is based on a holistic approach to managing corporate information by implementing processes, roles, controls and metrics that treat information as a valuable business asset:
- make information assets available to those who need it,
- provide employees with data they can trust and easily access while making business decisions,
- reduce legal risks associated with the unmanaged or inconsistently managed information.
The information governance, after a preliminary analysis, results in a classification of the information according to its nature or its value. This classification enables the identification of your information with engaging/probative/legal value, (for instance business contracts, policies…).
NEWS ON INFORMATION GOVERNANCE IN EUROPE!
Information governance has never been as important as in 2018. The European Union pursues its objective of restoring trust and imposing transparency on businesses. All companies as of 2018 “must watch over the outcome of their data, from their creation to their destruction.”
In this way, Europe is focusing on strengthening digital trust through a policy of protection and regulation, as reflected in:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in force in May 2018.
- Three objectives :
- strengthen the rights of people + creation of a right to the portability of personal data,
- empower stakeholders dealing with data,
- increase awareness of the regulation thanks to reinforced cooperation between the authorities
- Three objectives :
- European regulation eIDAS (Electronic Identification and Trust Services) n°910/2014, which has been fully implemented since the 1st of July 2016, has demonstrated the willingness of member states to democratise digitisation by:
- enhancing the security of electronic exchanges;
- recognising the universal value of the electronic signature;
- granting of legal value to a digital document. (In Luxembourg the legal framework anticipates and supports this democratisation of the digitisation. The law of 25th of July 2015 on electronic archiving recognises the probative value of electronic copies of paper documents produced by a PSDC (Provider of Digitisation and Conservation Services) certified company to respect all the conditions of strict fidelity to the original and, moreover, the presumption of conformity with the original.)
HOW TO RESPOND TO THESE NEW REQUIREMENTS/OBLIGATIONS?
1. SIMPLIFY & STRENGTHEN INFORMATION GOVERNANCE WITH ARCATEG™
Being a trusted partner of Marie-Anne Chabin, an internationally recognised expert in the archiving and digital information management field, as well as the creator of the Arcateg™ method, Labgroup integrates this method into its service offering. Arcateg™ is an original and effective methodology that accelerates and consolidates information management rules and their implementation.
The 100 universal categories of the Arcateg™ ranking framework cover all possible values of information on all media and thus facilitate the audit and qualification of risk information in the enterprise. These conservation categories make it possible to structure the lifecycle of documents and data rigorously and sustainably.
With Arcateg ™, you can both simplify and strengthen information governance across the organisation (lifecycle management of files and folders, data security, content access). You can also decline to use the Arcateg ™ repository according to various specific projects: improvement of physical archiving, quality and completeness of the retention rules, identification of personal data and compliance with GDPR.
2. …AND WHAT ABOUT MY LEGAL DOCUMENTS? CALL FOR A PSDC-DC!
First PSDC-DC company in Luxembourg, Labgroup is certified as:
- Provider of Digitisation Services, in other words Labgroup is empowered to create legal electronic copies of paper documents;
- Provider of Conservation Services, which guarantees the integrity, confidentiality and persistence of electronic archives throughout their retention period.
3. GO DIGITAL ! LET’S GO FOR A PAPERLESS OFFICE!
Labgroup provides electronic document signing services, in collaboration with its partner Nowina, enabling companies to:
- Facilitate the “workflow” (process) of contract signing, at national and international level (Europe),
- Ensure transparency and trust between the signatory parties.
4. ASSESS YOUR GDPR AND CYBER RISK COMPLIANCE!
Today, Labgroup is the first independent provider to offer Cybermanager, a solution developed by its partner UBCOM, which is an assessment tool that allows business managers to evaluate in less than five hours their level of maturity and resilience of their organisations as well as their information systems facing cyber risks and GDPR regulation.
If the questionnaire is adapted to GDPR compliance, the approach should be viewed more holistically: an assessment of the organisation’s actual level of maturity regarding information governance Information governance and resilience.
An opportunity for organisations to better analyse their exposure to risks and make text compliance a competitive advantage by increasing the level of trust of its employees, customers and partners.
Still not ready for 2018?
Labgroup consultants are available to help you optimise your management and archiving of your information assets.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment without.